Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the blogspot for autism at renaissancepeds.com. I am Dr Harewood, founder of the Autism Spectrum Parent Connection and manager of our autism blog. I am also a parent of a child on the spectrum. Autism affects 1 in 150 children. The diagnosis of autism can be devastating to a family. What can you do for your child? What services are available? So many questions run through your mind. As your pediatrician, I am here to help guide and help you and your family find the resources you need to help your child reach his/her potential. This blog spot will serve to provide education, provide resources, and provide support for all of us touched by Autism.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. Harewood! I was just checking the newer RenPeds site and came across the blogs. I had forgotten you mentioned it; so in case others are as forgetful as I, you may want to remind everyone at the next meeting.
Thank you So Much for having the support group and for all you do to support us parents that have children on the autism spectrum.
Debi Williford

Anonymous said...

When is the next parent meeting for families with children on the spectrum?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just saw the information on the site.